Ballard House Hospitality Volunteers
Because there are so many opportunities to help out at our house, we will gladly work with you to tailor volunteer assignments to best match your schedule and preferences. Whether you are coming in as a group, a family, a civic organization or a business, our guests and staff value and appreciate your help. Below are some suggested activities for your group or for individuals interested in making the Ballard House your place of service.
- Guest Wranglers: Volunteers are awesome receptionists, first impressionists and quickly learn to greet everyone who enters the front door with a hearty, “Welcome to the Ballard House.” Our Wranglers also answer the phone, check guests in and out as well as become “tour guides.”
- Hoe Downers–Work in the yard: There are several times during the year when we need extra help to plant flowers, pull weeds and mulch beds. Please bring any work gloves or work tools you might need. We do not have enough supplies for an entire group.
- Dustin’ Divas Needed: Our house can always use a little extra TLC to get to those tasks that don’t get completed every day. This role is so valuable in keeping the house clean and welcoming, and helps people have a positive first impression.
- Host a Pantry Party: We are always in need of items to fill our pantry. Some groups have held “paper parties” to collect tissue, paper towels, paper napkins and toilet paper (we can use 50 rolls a week)! Put the TP Challenge out to your group. What you use in your house we use in ours–we just use more of it. We update our list of supplies needed regularly.
- Dinner Dudes and Angels: Love to cook and serve? You are welcome to try out your favorite recipes on us. Meals are always appreciated by our guests.
- Friendly Floaters: Anything and everything that needs done around the Ballard House this courageous task force rises to the occasion–watering plants, making beds, cleaning out the refrigerator or pantry, filing, making copies—all done with a skip in their step and a smile on their face. Could this be you?