The Ballard House graciously recognizes those throughout our community who truly make a difference in the lives or our guests by supporting us on a regular basis through the donation of their time, money, products and services. Please visit their websites and help us support our supporters.
Helpful Hints When Preparing a Meal for The Ballard House
- We have approximately 40 to 50 guests seven days a week who would love a meal waiting for them when they return to The House after their appointments each evening.
- Our kitchen is fully equipped to prepare meals, but most groups bring the meal already prepared. We have plates, cups, and serving utensils and many basic seasonings. Paper plates, bowls, and extra containers are always appreciated!
- We like to let the guests know before they leave for the hospital in the morning, a delicious meal will be waiting for them upon their return, therefore we have a sign up calendar. Please call to let us know if you will be bringing a meal, so we can schedule it on our calendar.
- We encourage healthy eating, but our guests appreciate any home-cooked meal, as well as home-baked cakes, cookies and sweets. FYI, the staff does, too.
- We do not have scheduled meal times, but most groups show up around 5:30 and have the meal set out by 6 PM which is around the time our guests start rolling in.
- Our guests love for “the cooks” to join them for dinner and enjoy even more the opportunity to share their story and get to know you. Remember they are away from their friends and familiar surroundings. Make them feel at home.
- If possible let us know what your group is serving, so we can let our guests know so they have something to look forward to. It also helps if other groups bringing in meals call wanting to know so they don’t bring the same dishes.
- We have been amazed at the creativity of the different meals prepared for our guests, so impressed that we are in the process of publishing a Ballard House Cook Book.